Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Alissa!






Well, my little baby girl is 17 now. I'm really confused about how this happened, but sure enough, it has! I can't believe I only have 1 year left of any say what-so-ever of what happens in her life. (Yes- I do like to pretend that I currently do have a say:]) She has grown to be such a beautiful and wonderful person- I'm so proud that she is my daughter.




She is currently on-track for graduation a year from now (whew!) She works really hard on her grades- I'm so proud of her!





She is an amazing violinist! For how much she hated that violin when she started, it's hard to believe how GOOD she is! She plays all the time, for pleasure, for stress relief and when she's upset. She has an acoustic violin as well as an electric violin and is awesome on them both. She is a great help to her little sisters, who are also learning to play.









She is just finishing up her CNA class- she tests next week for her Certification. She's really enjoyed taking that class. She's been going to a local Care Center once a week to do her clinicals. She comes home with a lot of stories, and I am so grateful for the compassion that she has for other people. She is just beautiful- inside and out!



One of the greatest things about Alissa is her sense of humor. Anyone who knows her well can tell you that she is just about one of the most hilarious people they have ever met. No subject is sacred- some of the things that fall out of her mouth! She loves to go for the shock factor. I have found myself laughing hystrically over things that are NOT FUNNY!


Her sense of right and wrong is pretty black and white- (and only on occassion relates to my sense of right and wrong) I think that it is pretty important to Alissa to be true to herself- which is a definate strength. She's pretty patient with her Momma, who tends to be a worrier.



Alissa is an amazingly great swimmer and LOVES to be in the water! I really would have liked to see her join a swim team, but she prefered to keep it for pleasure. Ever since she was little, all we had to do was take her to the pool, and she'd be happy. We'd say, "Just add water and stir"- that was Alissa!



If you are lucky enough to be one of Alissa's friends, you aren't just a friend- you are a BEST Friend- and she loves you more than anything! I have gotten to be her best friend quite a few times- it was awesome!


I cried off and on all day yesterday, which was her birthday (but we're celebrating it today, because she needed to be with her friends). I just can't believe how the time has flown. I love the young woman that she is becoming, but I SO MISS my little monster! And all at the same time- I'm looking forward to the future. She is so strong- she can become anything she wants. What will it be? She has many interests- they change like the wind, though. One minute- she's never going to have kids. The next minute- she's settled on names for her twins. Oh, to be 17 again!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISSA! I sure do love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute post! I can't believe your baby is 17!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Nat, I love the love that you have for your family, you really are the cutest!

    Hey Bunko is at my house this friday okay, can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete